sponsored by AFRICYCLE and PEDALBELT.COM and Switchback Cyclery
LOCATION: Handlebar, Toronto, ON
TIME: August 10th, 2014 Afternoon
MAX. NUMBER OF COMPETITORS: 40
SIGNUP: The race officially will be announced two weeks before the race via
- email (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- twitter (@altbaukriterium)
- facebook (Facebook.com/altbaukriterium)
From this point on riders can sign up by sending an email to email@example.com (first-email-first-serve basis).
FEE/COMPETITOR: CAD 10
- There were to be 2 x 2 minute heats in different directions around the bar. Lap count and time to finish the last round of every heat is recorded for every competitor. In case of a lap tie the recorded time counts.
- Any foot down or touching of walls or furniture with one’s hands results in a one lap penalty. A crash results in a ten lap penalty.
- One lap is completed when the crankset crosses the start line
- Competitors have to be invited
- No training without an official starting number
- Unicycle, tandem bicycle, support wheels or motors are not allowed
AFRICYCLE will hold a bike-collection in Augusta Avenue on Aug 10th, 2014. Their school bus (all seats removed) will be also used as a training center for the competitors.
Africycle collects and ships bicycles from Canada where they become a valuable mode of transportation that allows families to gain greater access to clean water, markets, education and jobs. Africycle works in a country called Malawi, one of the poorest countries in the world. Millions of people depend on bicycles as their primary mode of transportation. Africycle has shipped over 5000 bicycles to Malawi where they are refurbished by locally trained mechanics. Bicycles are distributed to health care and social workers that deliver vital, lifesaving care to rural populations with extremely limited access to services. Bicycle are also sold to help generate revenue which employess over 20 locals, and provides care and support to over 250 orphaned and vulnerable children. Africycle is a registered Canadian charity.
thx – iam in! =)
Wow that was odd. I just wrote an extremely long comment but after I clicked submit my comment didn’t show up. Grrrr well I’m not writing all that over again. Anyway, just wanted to say superb blog! egekgfdgeeec
Thanks @johnk608! Are you coming to the race on August 10th?
Hello! Someone in my Facebook group shared this website with us so I came to check it out. I’m definitely enjoying the information. I’m bookmarking and will be tweeting this to my followers! Outstanding blog and superb design and style. ggebedkedebacekg
Pingback: Christoph Krammer talks big races in small spaces | dandyhorse magazine